Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Nevermind...

Remember a couple posts back when I said that Italy sucks in August? I think I've changed my mind. For the past week or so, my daily commute - which is routinely the worst part of my day - has been much, much smoother. Normally the drive home from work in the evening is like an obstacle course. It is a journey frought with peril and danger. Every single night I manage to avoid at least one accident. In fact, eventually I'm going to dedicate an entire week to nothing but the previous night's drive home.

However, it's so much better now that nobody is on the road. I'm absolutely loving this. Then again, perhaps this repreive from the normal gridlock is making me complacent. I hope I'm not jinxing myself...


Rik

4 comments:

Ed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ed said...

If driving in Italy is half as bad and hectic as what is protrayed in the movie chase scenes, I offer you my sympathies.

Here in America, I wish drivers had to undergo more stringent tests to obtain their licenses. I see so many people on a daily basis doing such stupid things that endanger the lives of others, like running stop signs and failing to use their turn signals, including the local police officers.

Ed said...

I deleted the first post because it had so many spelling mistakes and my second one isn't much better. Protrayed = portrayed.

Anonymous said...

school holidays .....
It's the same in England
Bill